Thursday, September 3, 2009

Writing Excercise / Prompt #3

This one is tough, but work with it. Good for some imagery and non-linear expansion

Ingredients:

1. A measure or length of distance - A yard, an inch, a caterpillar, a light year, a sword handle, whatever.

2. A profession of any kind - A carpenter, prostitute, crisis counselor, etc

3. A person from your past (real or imaginary)- The doctor that delivered you, a grade school teacher, your first bully

4. A time of day - Morning, brunch, post-coitus afterglow, etc

ANSWER ALL OF THOSE QUESTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING!

Now, the first line of your poem should be:

During (Answer #4), (Answer #3) told me I come from a(n) (Answer #1) of (Answer #2).

Example: During the bloody sunset, my still-born twin told me I come from a sickle blade of executioners.

That's the prompt. When you post your poem, DO NOT include the first line, so we're just left with the poem. GO IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment